Re: Build trouble with native X11 (x11/fixesproto4)

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 08:11:30PM +0100, Benny Siegert wrote:
> I am bulk-building some packages with the recent branch on 9.0_RC1
> amd64. None of the packages using X work because they somehow all
> depend on x11/fixesproto4. However, fixesproto4 pulls in xorgproto as
> a build dependency, yet its PLISTs conflict: xorgproto already
> provides fixesproto.
>
> Should whatever causes the fixesproto4 dependency be changed to just
> pull in xorgproto?

Please find out why this happens for you but not for e.g. mef
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2019/12/31/msg018211.html
or jmcneill on arm
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2019/12/30/msg018209.html

'make show-depends' or 'make show-buildlink3' in one of the breaking
packages might help.
 Thomas