Re: rename isc-AUTHOR to zerobsd ? (Re: isc-AUTHOR (Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/licenses

Leonardo Taccari <leot%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> Hello Makoto,
>
> Makoto Fujiwara writes:
>> Hi, thanks and sorry for confusion (of myslef),
>>
>> - rename isc-AUTHOR to zerobsd
>>   (with correction on years)
>>     -Copyright (C) 2015-2019  AUTHOR <author%example.com@localhost>
>>     +Copyright (C) year  AUTHOR <author%example.com@localhost>
>>

>> - update sysutils/bfs license to zerobsd
>>
>> Is it OK ?
>
> Sounds good, only minor suggestion to try to be consistent with other
> licenses.
> I would use to, be consistent with isc, mit and probably other licenses:
>
>      +Copyright (C) <year> <copyright holders>
>
> and name it 0-clause-bsd.

I also prefer 0-clause-bsd.  OSI is inconsistent about their short
forms, and we don't use them anyway.  (To be fair, the point about 0BSD
not being a derivative of the others is interesting, but the big thing
is that we align with license authorities and avoid confusion.)

> I think it's better that someone from PMC okays that during the freeze
> though.

I would prefer not to touch license.mk during freeze, especially since
this is a recent issue for a single package.

Given that isc-AUTHOR is not in license.mk, I think it's ok to rename it
to 0-clause-bsd and adjust the LICENSE line of sysutils/bfs.  Post
freeze it can get added to license.mk and the pkg_install config.