Re: Qt4 deprecation plan - summary

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019, at 17:45:06 +0100, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> Status.
>
> I have upgraded what possible (around 20 packages).
>
> There are pending actions for:
>
>  - picard (upgrade patch shared with nia@)
>  - bzr-explorer + qbzr/qbrz (rhialto@)
>  - gnuradio packages (gdt@)
>  - gns3 (markd@)
>  - fbreader (maya@)
>  - scidavis + qwtplot3d-qt4 (bouyer@ ?)
>  - scribus-qt4 (nia@)
>  - merkaartor (gdt@)
>
> There is KDE4 left with its dependencies.
>
> Besides KDE4, there are also:
>
>  - qbrew [dead]
>  - xxdiff [quasi-dead]
>  - FlightCrew [39 revbumps?]
>  - ibus-qt + kimera + scim (ryoon@ ?)
>  - owncloud (ryoon@ ?)
>  - bacula-qt-console + bacula-tray-monitor (markd@ ?)
>
> Nice to have is to make py-qt5 aware about multiple python versions.
> This was recently enhanced by bouyer@. This mostly affects software
> that
> is restricted to python2.

I've updated kdiff3 from 0.9.98 (Qt4, the package was last updated in
pkgsrc five years ago) to 1.8.1 (Qt5); it's ready to commit. kdiff3 is
not part of the kde4 meta-package, though notionally it's a "KDE"
package. Is the preference here to simply update in place, or to create
a new package, so the old Qt4 version is still available? (I'd prefer
to just update in place, as I don't personally see the need for an
older Qt4 version anymore. But there's been discussion about retaining
all KDE4 packages for now, so I ask.)

Regards,

Dave