Re: Qt4 removal plan

On 27.10.2019 01:07, Mark Davies wrote:

> On 26/10/19 9:02 pm, maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
>> What uses libinput/libudev?
>

> kwin (which in turn is a dependency of plasma-workspace, which is a
> dependency of much of plasma5)
>
> cheers
> mark

If we can make it work on Linux first, it is a good motivation to ship
it with pkgsrc. Later we can incrementally port missing bits for NetBSD.

kde4/qt4 is broken in several ways (untested revbumps) and will keep
rotting on newer compilers and Operating Systems. My patch to unbreak it
for POSIX iconv on newer NetBSD is not testable and I see no value in
fixing it.