Re: Writing buildlink files: references to ../mk/foo.buildlink3.mk

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 12:48:58PM +0200, Edgar Fu? wrote:
 > Next question: When libfoo from whatever/foo depends on, i.e., libedit
 > because whatever/foo/Makefile .include-s ../../mk/readline.buildlink3.mk,
 > should my whatever/foo/buildlink3.mk also .include that? I guess yes, but
 > createbuildlink doesn't do that and I'm unsure whether that's on purpose.

You only need it if the dep is required at client build time; e.g. if
libbar uses libfoo, so libfoo's bl3 is in libbar's Makefile, it only
needs to put libfoo's bl3 in its own bl3 if its installed includes
depend on libfoo's.

(I am not entirely sure what happens with static libraries)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost