Re: Default to fetching from CDN first?

On Sep 14,  9:55am, Brook Milligan wrote:
} > On Sep 13, 2019, at 11:58 PM, Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:
} > Am September 14, 2019 1:34:15 AM UTC schrieb John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost>:
} >> On Sep 13, 11:20pm, Roland Illig wrote:
} >> }
} >> } Pkglint also doesn't extract the distfiles. I thought about this, for
} >> } checking whether the GNU configure scripts run "test $var == yes", which
} >>
} >>    This is automatically done when you build with PKG_DEVELOPER=yes.
} >> Having pkglint do it would be redundant.
} >
} > I meant to _move_ this check from mk/check over to pkglint in
} > order to improve the build times. As long as the distfile stays
} > the same, there's no point in running this check over and over
} > again. I am not planning to do this in the next time though.
}
} My understanding is that pkglint is typically run without an
} extracted distfile and that it is only checking the package files
} themselves.  At some point, I think it even complained about an
} existing work directory.  Is that not the case?

     It will do that if you use the '-i' option as it should:

     -i|--import         Check if a package is ready to be imported into
                         pkgsrc.  This is especially useful for packages from
                         the pkgsrc-wip project.

} If it is, these ideas seem like major changes, because they would
} require an extracted distfile.  What happens if it is not already
} extracted; will it run 'make extract'?

     If it does, it will like need to run 'make clean' afterwards.
Although it would be better if it didn't do this to avoid any
surprises.

} I'm not sure I care one way or the other, but it seems that there
} should be an explicit understanding regarding whether pkglint
} expects or does not expect an extracted distfile.  Then again,
} maybe I am the only one uncertain about this.

     It could be based on certain options.  But, it could also be
defined as "out of scope".

}-- End of excerpt from Brook Milligan