Re: Default to fetching from CDN first?

On Sun, 8 Sep 2019 at 19:00, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:

> In a shipping system, defaults should be chosen for the convenience of
> end users, not developers.  Isn't that a pretty widely held opinion?

I'm not sure what you mean by "shipping system", but I assume you mean
a package manager? If this is case, all your average end user wants is
tons of pre-made binaries that can be installed in a nano second.
Pkgin can do that. Once the binary is built, ready and available, the
end user could not care less if it took ages or not to build packages
and/or what configure flags were used.

--
Ottavio Caruso