Re: make install clean dependencies

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 10:10:20PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:31:10PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > Perhaps, or perhaps pkg_add should have a "tell me if this is available"
> > which is unprived.
>
> ...which has been around for a decade, give or take a month.

I guess you mean the "-n" option?

> > Certainly we could add a package-install-clean target, and people could
> > set DEPENDS_TARGET to that.   There's no particular reason though why
> > bin-install and package-install should be different about cleaning.
>
> You can set "DEPENDS_TARGET=install clean" already.

It would be worth a mention in the documentation (which one? is another
problem. Which is the "authoritative" one?).

Thanks for the tip. I had seen DEPENDS_TARGET when reading the mk files
but with the imbrications of the files, I was not sure it will do it
(I shall have mis-read it but I had concluded that "install" was always
called after DEPENDS_TARGET so that this would not do, as is, what I
wanted to do... Then I stumbled upon bin-install)

Best regards,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/