Re: compat32-* packages for Wine

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 08:39:47PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > > That's because what he's doing is compat32, not crosscompiling.
 > >
 > > To match base, 32-on-64 libs for x86 should go in /usr/pkg/lib/i386.
 >
 > I see; that makes sense.
 >
 > So I would hope that these 32-on-64 packages would be implemented  via
 > some sort of Makefile.common scheme so that we re not copy/pasting
 > package contents that need to be kept in sync.

Yes, that or even adding options to packages to build compat32 libs.

(There are actually surprisingly many standalone packages that build
with -m32, and others that would but it doesn't work without 32-bit
libs, and there's currently no infrastructure at all for support...)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost