Re: Cross-compilation problems

Am 06.07.2019 um 15:00 schrieb tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost:
> There is something wrong with the conditional:
>
> .if !empty{USE_CROSS_COMPILE:M[yY][eE][sS]}

This should be a syntax error. Curiously it is silently accepted by
bmake and evaluated to true.

On the other hand, pkglint complains because it has never seen this pattern:

WARN: cross.mk:2: Invalid condition, unrecognized part:
"!empty{USE_CROSS_COMPILE:M[yY][eE][sS]}".

The !empty function call needs round parentheses instead of curly
braces. Or, alternatively, you can leave out the !empty and write:

.if ${USE_CROSS_COMPILE:M[yY][eE][sS]}

I find this much clearer than the !empty.