Re: mongodb build problems?

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 at 15:49, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Is anyone able to build mongodb?   As I understand it, mongodb requires
> scons to build, and needs py-cheetah, which (inexplicably in 2019 :-)
> requires 2.7.
>
> scons is a TOOL, so it shouldn't be buildlinked, and it should be ok
> that scons was built with 37, as is now default.

Build fails on  LMDE3 (4.9.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.110-3+deb9u4
(2018-08-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux):

scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
Target 'build/opt/mongo/mongos' depends on the availability of a
system provided library for 'tcmalloc', but no suitable library was
found during configuration.
Target 'build/opt/mongo/mongos' depends on the availability of a
system provided library for 'tcmalloc', but no suitable library was
found during configuration.
scons: done building targets.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake[1]: stopped in /home/oc/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/databases/mongodb
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /home/oc/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/databases/mongodb
oc@e130:~/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/databases/mongodb$

--
Ottavio Caruso