Re: librsvg as tool dependency and LIBRSVG_USE_RUST

Leonardo Taccari <leot%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> Greg Troxel writes:
> Should it be renamed to LIBRSVG_TYPE having as possible values `c' and
> `rust'?  I would find it (LIBRSVG_TYPE) more consistent with other
> pkgsrc variables too and prefer that.

That sounds ok.

There is a larger-scale consistency issue about separating variables in
schemes like this into user-settable (preference), package-settable
(what implementations are acceptable), and the chosen value (_TYPE), but
I think what you have proposed is aligned well enough with existing
practice that it wouldn't be reasonable to insist on further
rationalization.

> I would prefer to keep it as tool.mk.  In the pkgsrc tree there are
> other tool.mk used similarly and I think that all BUILD_DEPENDS (except
> meta-pkgs/bulk-medium that is "special") depends on librsvg as a tool
> dependency (TOOL_DEPENDS) for rsvg-convert.

Given that there is precedent and that this isn't special about rust,
I'm ok with it.

> An updated version of the patch that rename LIBRSVG_USE_RUST to
> LIBRSVG_TYPE is attached.

No objections from me.  Thanks for fixing this.