Re: Help with package that has a build dependency on a Linux binary

Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> writes:

> So, if I were to make this "amlogic-meson-fwtools" package, I have a couple of questions:
>
> -- What's the correct way to express the run-time dependency on the
>    Linux emulation package?

The normal dependency is for run time.

> -- What's the correct way to express that there is NO BUILD-TIME
>    dependency on this package?  These things aren't distributed as RPMs
>    or anything, just naked binaries, but I'd want building a binary
>    package to work.

We don't really have a notion for depending on package installation but
not forcing it at build time.

Presumably the DISTFILE is the binary, and the package do-install just
puts it into work/.destdir.

> Well, yes, it's working for me... but I want to make sure that I don't
> e.g. break bulk builds on PowerPC, or bulk builds on SmartOS /
> Illumos, etc.  So, I guess I'll make "u-boot for amlogic systems" an
> option that defaults to "on" for NetBSD on x86_64 and "off" for
> everything else, for the u-boot meta-package.  And then I guess

And mark the amlogic-meson-fwtools package ONLY_FOR NetBSD/Linux and
x86_64..