Re: fuse-ntfs-3g

manu%netbsd.org@localhost (Emmanuel Dreyfus) writes:

> Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> I tested on netbsd-8.  Are you saying that the ntfs code will end up
>> with a -lperfuse on a link line and thus need a direct bl3?   I would
>> expect the ntfs code to depend on libfuse and then indirect dependency
>> is ok.
>
> My point is that if you use libfuse, you should need to care about
> perfuse in a filesystem package, since libfuse already depends on it.

I do not understand what you mean here.  Yes, fuse-ntfs-3g package
depends on fuse:

  Information for fuse-ntfs-3g-2017.3.23:

  Comment:
  NTFS driver with read and write support

  Requires:
  libntfs>=2014.2.15
  fuse>=2.5.2

and on netbsd-8 the fuse package does not depend on the perfuse package,
but does link against the native libperfuse:

  /usr/pkg/lib/libfuse.so:
          -lperfuse.0 => /usr/lib/libperfuse.so.0
          -lpuffs.2 => /usr/lib/libpuffs.so.2
          -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12
          -lpthread.1 => /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1

I see though that ntfs has a NEEDED entry for perfuse

   $ objdump -x /usr/pkg/bin/ntfs-3g|egrep NEEDED
   NEEDED               libfuse.so.2
   NEEDED               libperfuse.so.0
   NEEDED               libpuffs.so.2
   NEEDED               libntfs-3g.so.88
   NEEDED               libc.so.12
   NEEDED               libpthread.so.1

but I don't see where that came from.   I can try to build on netbsd-7.

>> > In filesystems/ltfs I just had to do this, without any ${OPSYS} test:
>> > .include "../../filesystems/fuse/buildlink3.mk"
>>
>> And did you test it on all systems?  As I understand it, mk/fuse ends up
>> using the semi-native version on MacOS, and it was not clear what
>> filesystems/fuse does.
>
> I only tested NetBSD. mk/fuse brings refuse and cause ltfs to crash
> because some prototypes differ.

crash?  I got a compile failure with refuse.

I am basically only trying to change behavior on NetBSD, since I haven't
tested elsewhere.