Re: BLAS in pkgsrc: present and future

Am Tue, 26 Mar 2019 20:34:55 -0400
schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>:

> Separately from review and consensus, soon after 2019Q1 is cut is a good
> time for possibly disruptive changes, since there is then a few months
> to sort any issues.

Yeah, it is sensible to introduce changes after the release. It won't
make much of a difference to me, as I will run a patched pkgsrc anyway.
I am just working on reducing the patch set a bit.

Btw. I just pushed 1528ca8f05df088e5b74b959a3e1b9755a01f722 to wip for
installing the static libraries from the Netlib packages, too. This
needs hackery in the CMakeLists that I do not really like, but it seems
to work. I wonder if upstream would consider including this …

I am in fact looking forward to 2019Q1 being cut soon, as I will base my
installs on this coupled with a wip snapshot.

But waiting with the integration could in fact mean that we then can
just push patches as PRs to make packages use the BLAS stuff instead of
creating short-lived trivial copies of packages in wip. I would find
the latter rather annoying. Pushing patches to the CVS version would
fit my workflow, as I am collecting exactly those with my install
scripts.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--