Re: sysutils/nnn: update to 2.4

On 20/03/2019 08:41, Sijmen J. Mulder wrote:
Op wo mrt 20 2019, om 0:55 schreef Roy Marples:
On 19/03/2019 21:13, Sijmen Mulder wrote:
Package changes:

   - New 'readline’ option (enabled by default)

Why enabled by default?

a) it's the upstream default ('norl' is a separate target)
c) (I think) readline is a very common package

Completely open to suggestions or other opinions though.

Well, the upstream default for nearly all curses packages is ncurses and ncurses is a very common package on nearly all OS bar NetBSD and a few others and yet we have the curses framework that defaults to the system curses when that is good enough, but also lets the user choose.

I believe we have a similar system for readline/editline and nnn should follow the same pattern, unless it delves deep into readline and won't work with anything else.

> b) to facilitate binary package users

I don't understand this at all.

Roy