Re: [golang-dev] Re: Moving Go to a newer NetBSD ABI in the 1.13 dev cycle

> Just out of curiosity, doesn't Go follow the ABI as established for
> the CPU? [...] I would expect that if the established ABI is followed,
> then stacks are compatible. Or am I too optimistic?

No, Go currently uses a custom ABI with copying stacks that can
grow and shrink on demand: http://golang.org/s/contigstacks.
Previously it used split stacks (document is for GNU GCC/gold, but
similar enough): https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SplitStacks.

C code can't run on Go stacks because C code expects megabytes of
stacks. Go stacks start at kilobytes.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu