Re: how to get base /usr/bin/env in a package?

ng0%n0.is@localhost writes:

>> Are you using REPLACE_PYTHON?  I wonder about teaching it that "@ENV@
>> python2.7" should be replaced.
>
> Deliberately I was not, because the whole point of the @ENV@ python2.7
> usage was to not get python2.7 in as a dependency (anymore / at build time).
> I know that env is considered bad in packaging, but at the time where I
> committed the @ENV@ part, discussion wasn't focused on packaging.

In the pkgsrc world, we don't really have support for the notion of
patching files to use a path found by pgkrsc without the dependency.

I guess what you want is a soft dependency, where things work if
python2.7 is installed, but there is not a listed requirement.  That
does sort of happen in a few cases with finding executables by name at
runtime, which is what you are doing.  So your hack does not seem
problematic.