audio/fasttracker2 - Question on version number

Hello

I have a question about re-doing the version numbering scheme used in
audio/fasttracker2.

I was going through repology.org[1] entry for fasttracker2[2], almost
all of the package systems there uses a 0.1.bNNN while pkgsrc uses
2.NNN. NOTE: They might drop the "b" if it comes out of beta.

Since the version number was changed[3] to make it easy for parsing by
tools, I was wondering if the scheme used in repology.org is friendly
enough for parsing by tools, if so then would it make sense to have
current version scheme to be changed to fit the one seen in
repology.org?

I also wonder if the change would be disruptive? if so we can leave
the scheme in pkgsrc as it is.