Re: Window manager duplication (icewm, bb*)

    Date:        Mon, 12 Nov 2018 16:49:51 -0500
    From:        "David H. Gutteridge" <david%gutteridge.ca@localhost>

  | The other advantage 0.65 has for those with vintage hardware is that
  | it has much more modest dependencies. 0.70+ pulls in perl, gsed, all
  | the auto* tools, etc. to build, where 0.65 doesn't.

Yes...   we really could do without all of that.   Of course, most of it is
going to end up being needed for something else, so the pain happens
sooner or later anyway.

  | >Now blackbox70 is buildable (and working well) again, the old ones
  | >should no longer matter.
  |
  | The present state of the package actually doesn't build on NetBSD,

It did, when it was first updated (for me anyway).   I am still using the
version I built then.

  | Having said that, does that mean your PR about blackbox70 not building
  | can be closed now?

Probably, though I think it would be good to work out what was causing
the problem, as more or less the same thing has been reported by others
in other package I think.  (PR 53007).

  | Also, having built blackbox70 with my workaround, I'm finding it has
  | garbled fonts where the 0.65 version does not. I haven't worked out
  | why that is yet (i.e., perhaps there's some local issue on the
  | machine in question).

I am not seeing any issues like hhat.   Not that I put much in the way of
pressure on its font choices.   But it all "just worked" with my previous
config (of course, that had been for an earlier blackbox70 version).

It has been a long time since I swapped, but I vaguelly recall needing to
redo all the font choices when I switched from the older one to 70.

kre