Re: Asterisk package naming

On Thu 02 Aug 2018 at 13:05:01 -0400, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
> I am not generating a list from what is installed.  I am creating a list
> of what I want to be installed.  Sometimes I need to remove a bunch of
> packages because pkg_rolling-replace doesn't handle dependencies
> correctly.  I then have to remove a package so that I can install the
> correct version.  Sometimes that means removing a bunch of packages that
> I still want.  I then have to run my script to see what's missing.

I use pkg_chk to do just that. It has a list of packages I want
installed (as in lang/gcc, archivers/zoo, etc) and checks what isn't
installed, and builds/installs it.

Since I run it in a chroot, I can remove anything I like and rebuild at
my leasure; then replace stuff in the real system.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.