Re: missing xen packages on ftp

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 07:51:59PM +0200, Maxime Villard wrote:
> Le 25/07/2018 à 19:27, Leonardo Taccari a écrit :
> > Hello Maxime,
> >
> > Maxime Villard writes:
> > > I've searched through all of the recent directories in
> > >
> > > 	http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/
> > >
> > > And there is not a single xentools package. xenkernel is there, sometimes,
> > > but version 4.2, which is outdated and doesn't receive security updates
> > > anymore.
> > >
> > > Can we bring them back, please? At a time they were there, and you could
> > > just do pkgin on a fresh install. Why do packages disappear like that?
> >
> > I think because all xen{kernel,tools} packages (except the `42' ones)
> > have (at regarding NetBSD):
> >
> >   ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM+=     NetBSD-[5-9].*-x86_64
> >
> > I think that support for i386 was removed in 4.3.
>
> Then how can we install an i386PAE dom0? Isn't that still available in the
> latest version? I'm getting confused now.

In theroy you can use a i386PAE dom0 with a 64bit hypervisor. I never tested
this configuration.
We can't easily build a 64bit hypervisor on a 32bit host. This would require
a cross-compiler. xentools could certainly be built on a 32bits host.

> Nonetheless, there should be a xentools42, right? This one is supposed to
> be supported, it does have NetBSD-[5-9].*-i386.

There should be, I guess the build did fail for some reason.