Re: airprint patches for cups

At 12:19 Uhr +0200 20.7.2018, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>Major linux distributions (debian and Ubuntu at last) have patched their
>cups for basic airprint support. These patches have been rejected by cups
>because cups (i.e. apple) because cups is not fully airprint-complient,
>but linux users seems to be happy with it.
>
>Attached is a patch that adds this basic airprint support to our cups.
>Would it be OK to commit ?

First, thanks for working on this. I have been dabbling with airprint
support for years, and never got anywhere.

Second, the patches apply (after converting the patch file from msdos to
unix line endings), and the patched cups-base builds and installs. My
iphone then proceeds to not find a printer.

I used

PKG_OPTIONS.cups =      tcpwrappers dnssd -dbus -kerberos -libusb -slp

to build. Are there any more requirements for build or configuration?

Cheerio,
hauke