Re: Asterisk package naming

On 2018-07-17 03:43 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> It might the only case in *your* set. It is certainly not the only case
> in pkgsrc. PHP comes immediately to mind.

And Python and Ruby.  Those three specifically I handle special but
that's not the same situation.  In that case I need to add the major
version to the package name, not remove it.  My script deals with those.
 I start by specifying the major versions of those:

PHP=56
PY=37
RUBY=23

Then I can make sure that I am specifying the correct names.  In any
case, the result of my script excludes py37-xxx and php56-xxx packages
if they are already installed.

The problem is that even if I manually install asterisk13, my script
still tells me that it isn't installed.  The same thing happens with
apache24 but at least there I can specify apache, manually install
apache24 and my script works.  I will be able to do the same thing with
asterisk once comms/asterisk is removed.  It's just less automated.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost