Re: Option to disable php://filter URL

* On 2018-07-10 at 09:47 BST, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 11:00:27AM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > PHP has a php://filter URL feature which in my opinion violates
> > the principle of least astonishment enough that we could want
> > an option to disable it.
>
> If nobody complain, I am about to commit the attached patch
>
> --- lang/php56/files/disable-filter-url56.patch.orig
> +++ lang/php56/files/disable-filter-url56.patch

Please can you make it a generic patch that gets enabled via a define
or something?  It's almost guaranteed that having a manual patch will
break something on the next update, whether it's the patch no longer
applying correctly or it being duplicated after a mkpatches run with
the option enabled.

I have no comments on the patch itself.