Re: gimp vs vlc-3.0.2

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018, Jörn Clausen wrote:

> You've probably seen this here
>
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=53236
>
> There was a little discussion, but no consensus on how to proceed.

That's probably what I saw.

As part of "graphics/gegl", on my systems it's only a dependency of
"gimp".  Searching for instances of 'gcut' under all of "/usr/pkg" has
so-far found matches only in unrelated files (library symbol names, long
base64-encoded data items, java manual pages) and only as a substring
of a longer name.

The only exact matches (other than '/usr/pkg/bin/gcut' itself) are found
in:

  /usr/pkg/share/xfce4/xkb/flags/br.svg

which contains the lines:

  			<clipPath id="gcut">
and
			<use xlink:href="#O" clip-path="url(#gcut)"/>

On the other hand, "coreutils" seems like needless duplication (it was
bad enough having to install "findutils" as a dependency of libreoffice).
I can only suppose the GNU-isms are strong with "vlc".