Windows port?

Hello, all!

Has anyone considered or worked on a Windows pkgsrc port using MinGW
[1] or Mingw-w64 [2]?  Are there any known issues that would make this
particularly difficult?

I'm aware that the pkgsrc website says, "pkgsrc is a framework for
building third-party software on NetBSD and other UNIX-like systems...."
However, I don't know if that's a project goal or more a statement
of current capability.  In other words, is a "portable package build
system" (also quoted from the website) a project goal that could include
Windows?  I would want to bootstrap pkgsrc on Windows and build packages
for Windows with it.  I'm fine for the port to use MinGW, Mingw-w64, or
MSYS utilities (e.g., bash, make, gawk, grep, etc.).

I'm aware of the Cygwin port, but I'm interested in a port that will
compile for Windows (i.e., binaries and libraries use Windows API
calls), not for Cygwin (i.e., I do not want to link against Cygwin's
run-time (cygwin1.dll)).

I'm asking all of this under the assumption that the pkgsrc
cross-compiling feature is dead or incomplete.  Am I right about that?
If pkgsrc cross-compiling were an option, I wouldn't need a Windows
port because I'd be fine to bootstrap pkgsrc on a UNIX-like OS and
cross-compile for Windows.

Thanks!

Lewis

[1] http://www.mingw.org/