Re: Is statfs() still supposed to be in libc?

On 03/28/18 05:53, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 11:11:14AM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
Thanks.  I'll propose a patch to NCBI to make their configure script a
little smarter.  Their code already supports statvfs(), but it tries to use
statfs() on NetBSD simply because it's present in libc.
Just make it prefer statvfs. There is no reason to ever use statfs if
statvfs is supported.

Joerg
OK, thanks guys.  This is the simplest workaround I could find until the
configure script is improved.

You can see it in wip/ncbi-blast+, which hopefully will be committed soon.

.if ${OPSYS} == NetBSD
# statfs is deprecated on NetBSD, but still exists in libc
# configure checks only for undefined reference, not for usability
CONFIGURE_ENV+=         ac_cv_func_statfs=no
.endif