Re: Is statfs() still supposed to be in libc?

On 27.03.2018 17:29, Jason Bacon wrote:

> While upgrading ncbi-blast+, I looked deeper into a workaround for a
> statfs() issue.  The blast configure script incorrectly determines that
> statfs() is supported on NetBSD, when in reality is was deprecated and
> removed from the API a long time ago, superseded by statvfs().
>
> However, the statfs() function is still in libc and this is all the
> configure script checks for.
>
> Is statfs() still needed internally, or should it be removed from libc
> at this point?

statfs() is supported internally as a compat symbol and shall not be
used by a newly compiled code.

Every user is mandated to migrate to statvfs().

With a libc major bump, statfs() will likely disappear, although we will
keep maintaining it in the kernel compat layer.