Re: how to get the LOCALBASE in pkg_add?

in order to recap:
PKGBASE is set inside binary packages, so the INSTALL script could handle the case where the user requires to store configuration files in a vcs but has not specified a working directory in pkg_install.conf
(is it ok to pass the script something like "FROM_LOCALBASE" instead of an empty string to inform it that the path should be build from the localbase?).

VARBASE is not parsed from pkg_install.conf, the bootstrap script only sets PKG_DBDIR there, so I'd be in the same situation even if storing pkgetc under varbase