Re: url2pkg with github

> 8. 4. 2018 v 15:37, coypu%sdf.org@localhost:
>
> Hi,
>
> I had some trouble with some github releases.
> I don't have many examples (I always forget to save them), but this is
> one:
> http://github.com/jbeder/yaml-cpp/releases/tag/release-0.3.0
>
>  url2pkg "https://github.com/jbeder/yaml-cpp/archive/release-0.3.0.tar.gz";
> didn't DTRT
>
> How about the following change?
> I don't know what is right, I just had to fight github stuff a lot.
>
> In this case, it adds GITHUB_TAG=release-0.3.0

You should feed the .tar.gz download link to url2pkg, not the ‘release’ page link, i.e.

https://github.com/jbeder/yaml-cpp/archive/release-0.3.0.tar.gz

rather than

https://github.com/jbeder/yaml-cpp/releases/tag/release-0.3.0

(That said, url2pkg ends up with a working but suboptimal Makefile, where DISTNAME is set to the GITHUB_TAG, which is more often than not hardly useful, but that’s another problem.)

-F