Re: how to require newer msgfmt?

Am 12.03.2018 um 18:09 schrieb Thomas Klausner:
> Hi!
>
> USE_TOOLS supports msgfmt. However, I don't see how I can request a
> particular version of it. In particular, wip/gnucash-git needs
> gettext-tools-0.19.6 for '--desktop' support in msgfmt.

What about a simple TOOL_DEPENDS+= or even BUILD_DEPENDS+=? And then
check whether everything looks good with "bmake show-all-tools | grep
msgfmt".

Since many of the tools come from the base system, it wouldn't make
sense to add versioning support to the whole tools framework. Therefore
the simple dependency outlined above makes most sense to me.

Roland