freeze over!

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes:

> If you know of something that is broken and is plausibly fixable in a
> day or two, please speak up right away.  I think we're more or less
> running out of such things.

2017Q4 is branched, in just under 7 days of freeze.  Thanks to everyone
who made fixes, tested, and refrained from new breakage!

Things we didn't get in this branch that I'd like to see happen this quarter

  libLLVM moving to always-versioned, so we don't have trouble on
  updates.

  MKPIE progress.  We need a MKPIE_SAFE variable to disable it, and to
  fix a number of packages -- currently turning it on causes too much
  breakage.

  compiler selection logic, so c++11 programs will work on NetBSD 6 and
  older GNU/Linux.  This has just become more urgent: with glibmm's
  changes, 4.9 is the new 4.8, meaning good enough for almost
  everything.