Can we make gfortran the default Fortran?

Hi!

We recently had PR pkg/52838 as another instance where something
failed to compile using the default g95, and working with
PKGSRC_FORTRAN=gfortran. We have been telling people several times to
set that so that their build issues go away.

We have had this discussion before, and I remember (some of) the
arguments being along the line of "when it works, g95 compiles much
faster". However, I argue that fast-but-broken is a strictly worse
default than slow-but-working.

My proposal is:

1. Make gfortran the default
2. Add documentation (pkgsrc guide?) that g95 may be selected as a
lightweight alternative.

Thoughts?

--
Benny