Re: MesaLib/llvm trouble?

Thanks to all who commented.

The update of libLLVM to 5.0.0 broke MesaLib (and hence a vast number of
depending packages) and I think also rust.  I have thus reverted the
update, and we'll leave the libLLVM package at 4.0.1 until the 2017Q4
branch is cut.  Please do not update the version without explicit
approval from me.  (The usual build fixes that would have been
unremarkable if not for the update/revert are as ok as they would have
been.)

I am unclear if there is any fallout from the clang/llvm update.  Please
post here if you discover any.

I'll send a separate note about strategy for post-branch.