Re: MesaLib/llvm trouble?

Ryo ONODERA <ryo%tetera.org@localhost> writes:

> Hi,
>
> From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost>, Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 15:23:53 +0100
>
>> On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 09:17:42AM -0500, Greg tTroxel wrote:
>>>
>>> I am not clear on the details, but from a recent bulk build report, it
>>> seems MesaLib is not building, and this is probably related to a recent
>>> libLLVM update.  With any luck I'm just confused and things are fine,
>>> but given that we are heading for a freeze I wanted to ask sooner rather
>>> than later.
>>
>> A blind update was committed without any testing. It essentially broke
>> any consumer of the LLVM libraries in tree.
>
> I will try to create pkgsrc/lang/libLLVM4 package as joerg@ suggested before.
> At least pkgsrc/lang/rust should be cured with this.

At this point I think the priority is to get stability back, and as I
understand it, there is no real need to have libLLVM 5 in pkgsrc this
quarter.

So I think the simplest and lowest risk thing to do is to revert the
update to libLLVM, and not try to make multiple packages now.  After the
freeze, we can sort out libLLVM into a collection of versioned packages.