Re: MKPIE problems

		Hi Thomas, Benny, tech-pkg@,

On 13/11/2017 16:50, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I see a couple problems when enabling MKPIE (in addition to the other
> hardening flags):
>
> 1. imake-using builds fail, e.g. net/wmpload & x11/xp:
> [...]

Yes I am observing the same with audio/nas, after Greg Troxel pointed me
to it today.

> 2. lang/go fails:
>
> ld: -r and -pie may not be used together

Do you have the latest version of cwrappers? I believe I fixed this
issue there already. The package still fails to build for me with this
fix though.

I realize now that I may have forgotten to fix this issue without
cwrappers by the way. I can look into it.

> 3. some packages need -fPIC, e.g. soundtouch and tlsh:
> [...]

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a look too.

> That's it so far, I think.

Excellent :)

Cheers,
--