Re: USE_PKGSRC_GCC_RUNTIME

* On 2017-10-11 at 17:47 BST, Edgar Fuß wrote:

> > It instructs pkgsrc to build packages against the gcc*-libs packages,
> > otherwise there is a full dependency on the main gcc* packages.
> I'm afraid this is, in fact, not the case.
>
> If I build gmp (with GCC 6) without USE_PKGSRC_GCC_RUNTIME, the package depends
> on neither gcc6 nor gcc6-libs, and ldd /usr/pkg/lib/libgmpxx.so.4.5.2 gives
> /usr/pkg/lib/libgmpxx.so.4.5.2:
> [...]
>         -lstdc++.7 => /usr/pkg/gcc6//lib/./libstdc++.so.7

How are you setting the pkgsrc compiler to be used?  If you're just
installing the gcc6 package and then pointing CC/CXX to it then yes
you won't get a dependency (pkgsrc can't magically compute that it's
coming from a package and will assume that's a system path), whereas
if you set USE_PKGSRC_GCC=yes and GCC_REQD+=6.0 then you will.