Re: building devel/bmake on case-insensitive filesystems

> On Aug 13, 2017, at 12:12 PM, Simon J. Gerraty <sjg%juniper.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> Brook Milligan <brook%nmsu.edu@localhost> wrote:
>>> No I would not import a beta, but it would be useful to test it in the
>>> pkgsrc env.
>>
>> Fair enough.  Just for planning, any idea when the next release will happen?
>
> When I hear that this fixes pkgsrc for OS/X ;-)

>>> Depends on what version pkgsrc/devel/bmake is currently at.
>>
>> pkgsrc is currently at 20150505.  I suspect lots of changes since
>
> That's ancient.
> The patch would not apply cleanly.

I expected as much.  What I really wanted to see was what exactly you did to introduce the new version file.  I was expecting that I could back port that (small change?) to the old version to verify that all was good.  Perhaps I am missing something, but this one difference seems like it would be quite small and easy to back port.  That pathway seems less invasive than attempting an import of the whole thing.

Cheers,
Brook