Re: pkgsrc frozen for 2017Q2

On 06/29/17 13:50, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 12:56:24PM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
That's not what I meant...  I'm just trying to identify packages that need
to be fixed right now.  These packages are not going to build on CentOS 6 as
they stand.
Pick a GCC version new enough, i.e. 4.9 is a pretty good bet. Set
GCC_REQD=4.9 in mk.conf with PKGPATH check for all but lang/gcc49 and
requirements. That should normally be digest, cwrappers, checkpers and
maybe gmake.

Joerg

I bootstrapped two pristine -current installations on CentOS 6 machines. I'm testing with 4.8 because a 4.9 requirement seems to be very uncommon in pkgsrc and CentOS 7 ships with 4.8.5, so we can use the base compiler instead of installing a heavy dep just to go forward 1 minor version.

One one, I added the following to gcc.mk:

.if !empty(USE_LANGUAGES:Mc++11)
GCC_REQD+=      4.8
.endif

On the other, I modified mk.conf so that everything possible will be built with GCC 4.8. Below is the minimum required to avoid circular dependencies.

.if empty(PKGPATH:Mlang/gcc48) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mpkgtools/cwrappers) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/nbpatch) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mpkgtools/digest) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Msysutils/checkperms) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mlang/perl5) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/p5-gettext) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mconverters/help2man) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/autoconf) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mconverters/p5-Unicode-EastAsianWidth) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/libtool-base) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Marchivers/pax) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mlang/gcc49-libs) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/ncurses) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mmisc/p5-Locale-libintl) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mtextproc/p5-Text-Unidecode) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/gtexinfo) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/gmp) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mmath/mpfr) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mmath/cloog) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mmath/isl) && \
    empty(PKGPATH:Mmath/mpcomplex)

GCC_REQD=4.8

.endif

I'll be attempting numerous builds over the next few days and will share the results here.

Regards,

    JB

--
Earth is a beta site.