Re: pkgsrc frozen for 2017Q2

On 06/29/17 08:40, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 07:39:33AM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
I think the immediate question is how many packages like googletest are
broken, perhaps because the maintainer thought this would select an
appropriate compiler?
Again: it would have been broken either way. Mixing different C++
compilers in one tree simply doesn't work.

Joerg

That's not what I meant... I'm just trying to identify packages that need to be fixed right now. These packages are not going to build on CentOS 6 as they stand.

The best way fix the the problem is a separate issue.

We could add GCC_REQD=4.8 to all of them, but that should probably be wrapped in .if ${OPSYS} == Linux || other GCC-based systems. Clang-based systems like Mac and some BSDs can use their base compiler and shouldn't pull in a GCC dep for this.

On the other hand, I don't see an effective difference between modifying all these packages and making USE_LANGUAGES=c++11 imply GCC_REQD=4.8, at least on Linux and other GCC-based system. We seem to end up with the same mix of tool chains either way, but it's just various GCC versions, which is not likely to cause problems.

Cheers,

    JB

--
Earth is a beta site.