Re: Request for removal : net/snort-rules

Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

>> I know I'm late on this one, but I'm trying my luck anyway : does someone still uses net/snort-rules ?
>> I believe we can get rid of it :
>
> That sounds convincing. How about the following: we leave it in for
> 2017Q2, announce that in the release notes, then remove it after the
> branch. OK?

I certainly don't object to that.  But I don't think we have a norm that
we announce removals in release notes ahead of time.

As someone who is on the more conservative side of removals, my question
is always "Are there any users (and I know we can't really know that)
and if so, can you tell them, with a clear conscience, and without
understanding their sitation, that it is ridiculous that they are still
using it?".