Re: www/serf install permissions fix

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 08:48:42PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> I think the real problem is that the Mac tar is broken and we need to
>> avoid using it.
>
> I haven't seen anything in this thread to suggest that.

The mac tar program creates files with mode 666 when run as root, even
without the p option.  While tar specs are fuzzy, that seems wrong.

So do you think the www/curl upstream distfile is broken?  Well,
obviously it is, but is that so bad that it's ok for the package not to
build, or should unpacking tools cope?

What do you think is wrong and what do you think should be done?