Re: pre-pkgsrc-2017Q1: security/policykit fails on MacOS

> On Mar 24, 2017, at 7:32 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 07:21:47AM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
>>

>> I am confused by your suggestion.  All these packages were newly
>> installed with a freshly downloaded/bootstrapped pkgsrc-current as of
>> a couple of days ago.  What would removing the xmlcatmgr package and
>> reinstalling it do that it didn’t do the first time?  Why would I not
>> be right back with the same failure?
>
> Whenever this failure appeared in the past, it was a corrupted catalog
> or a misregistered catalog. As such, "reinstall" has a good chance of
> making sure that is not the case.

Perhaps that has been true elsewhere, but I have just completed two additional entirely independent reinstalls from completely independent positions on the internet and obtained the same outcome:

Making all in man
/Users/brook/pkg-2017Q1/bin/xsltproc -nonet http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl polkit-auth.xml
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl";
cannot parse http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
gnumake[3]: *** [polkit-auth.1] Error 4

The same was true of many other tries earlier, which led me to start this thread.  I am pretty certain this is not a problem with locally corrupted files.

I am open to other suggestions, but it seems that the patch is needed.  Is this working for others without the patch?

Cheers,
Brook