Re: Pkgsrc unusable on lots of platforms now

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 12:30:41PM -0500, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is such a thing
> as a global option in the sense you seem to be assuming.

It is just a matter of "namespace" - agree on the same name globally
and use it with the same effect. Basically: add an entry to
mk/defaults/options.description.

> option in their options.mk to make that dependency optional. Doing
> the same for policykit means finding all the packages that
> currently depend on policykit and adding a "policykit" option to
> each of them. That's certainly possible, someone just has to care
> enough about it to do the work.

Yeah, exactly what I mean, but it could be done on "incrementally".

The other more serious question though is: do we *ever* want a pkg in
the security category that uses a non supported, outdated since ~10
years JavaScript engine.

I'd say: no (and actually would not trust *that* upstream ever again).
We should downgrade polkit to a non-JS enabled version ASAP!

Martin