Re: macOS Sierra patch / sed problem

John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> writes:

> Manually running bmake makepatchsum gave:
>
> sed: RE error: illegal byte sequence
>
> I'm using the default locale (it's unset), so any ideas why this might
> be happening?

Without actually looking at anything, my first hypothesis would be that
native sed in 10.12 has new breakage.  I think we've seen this before.
I would try setting the native sed as not ok as a tool, and then pkgsrc
should build and use nbsed.  Try commenting out the sed line in
mk/tools/tools.Darwin.mk.