Re: Prefer pkgsrc OpenSSL after 2016Q1.

On 09.03.2016 23:35, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
> On 3/9/16 3:58 PM, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> This idea originated from the fact that we don't actively
>> release advisories for stable releases.
>
> Hi, Kamil.
>
> I'm confused by this.  NetBSD *does* issue advisories, at least for
> the supported releases (i.e. netbsd-6 and netbsd-7 stable
> branches).  See
>
> http://netbsd.org/support/security/
>
> and the security-announce mailing list archive at
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/security-announce/
>
> I must be missing something about what you're saying.
>
> Regards,
>
> Lewis

Please check the dates of the most recent advisories:
http://netbsd.org/support/security/

The latest advisory is from 2015.

Please see for example this page for the latest stable release:
http://netbsd.org/support/security/patches-7.0.html

"NetBSD 7.0 Security Advisories

Below is the list of advisories applicable to the NetBSD 7.0 release:

    Nothing thus far"

This is why I formulated it by not active field, while users do check
these pages and they are worried. I'm not a person in security team I
cannot point them any actions taken off-hand - for example for DROWN.
Answer to pick-up -current isn't appropriate for everybody.

Thanks,