Re: wanderer

Am 17.02.2016 15:54 schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>:

> youri <youri.mout%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > please use pkglint -Wall -Call to make the package clean
>
> Are these default?  It seems odd to ask people to make things
> pkglint-clean with non-default options.  (Perhaps defaults should be
> changed.)

The current defaults are reasonable for making good packages, so running "pkglint" alone is usually enough.

Only when that says "looks fine" should you use the advanced options. These also check things like whitespace, which are not necessary for making the package more correct. The -Wall option also includes some warnings that are experimental or sometimes wrong, therefore they are not enabled by default. For example, I recently found that pkglint is not correct about adding or removing the :Q modifier from variables. When that problem is resolved, I will think about including these warnings in the default settings.

Roland