Re: No CVS information for pkgsrc-wip?

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 06:12:07AM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> Now it seems that there isn't any information about getting pkgsrc-wip via
> CVS.

This is not officially supported.

* Do we really have to install all the junk above just to fetch
> pkgsrc-wip? This certainly makes it unusable for beginners.

Well, beginners either already have git because it's rolled out
~everywhere, or they do "pkg_add git" which is quite easy even for
beginners.

There's also the option of downloading git snapshots (without the
control directories), which is described on pkgsrc.org/wip

Just fetch:

https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=snapshot;h=HEAD;sf=tgz

 Thomas