Re: Use the newly introduced GIT_ENV instead of tweaking a supposedly internal variable.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 04:52:02PM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
 > > security/mozilla-rootcerts
 > > security/mozilla-rootcerts-openssl
 > >
 > > It will not install these for you, and I think that's fine too.
 >
 > It is not, in that a 'make' (or even 'make clean') for a git based
 > package accessing the repository via SSL will error out, and you get to
 > find out that (and how) you have to provide git with an SSL cert store.

mozilla-rootcerts-openssl (which exists to paper over packaging
deficiencies in mozilla-rootcerts) is an abusive package that both
installs outside $PREFIX and also mangles /etc directories directly.
It should not be getting installed by default, or depended on.

youtube-dl depends on it now. This is probably bad; we should figure
out a more structured way to deal with these things.

 > > I have no problem with adding a way to set flags to git.mk, but the
 > > packages should use it this way to disable certificate checking.
 >
 > "not", I take you.  ;)

Those pesky nots - they're always getting everything tied up :-)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost